Monday, February 27, 2023

Do a review..no matter what

 This is going to sound self-serving, and quite frankly, it is.

You see, I write manuscripts for magicians.  I have almost 50 of them on Lybrary.com, covering a gamut of ideas, scripts, and tricks.

And very few of them have reviews.    And reviews are - to me - of the utmost importance.

Not because they help others decide if they want the manuscript or not, but because it helps ME figure out what my readers want to read.

I need to know if I'm unclear.  Or if I don't give enough options.  Or if my material is too...corny?, sophisticated?, literate?, whatever.

And without a review, I can't tell what the readers are thinking.

And there's 2 types of review.    

The first is a simple 1 out of 5 stars.  Which is ok, but if you give me 3 stars or less, I have NO IDEA why.  Which means I can't correct anything, or even provide you more information if you're confused on something I wrote.

I include my email address in every manuscript, and literally BEG readers to contact me....and it's never happened yet.

So please...write reviews.  Even bad ones are better than nothing.  And if there's something I'm doing wrong, maybe I can change it.

But until you tell me...I'm in the dark.

www.LarryBrodahl.com

www.BestOmahaMagician.com

No comments: